Monday, September 26, 2016

A Conversation with Ruth Bader Ginsburg at Fordham Law School

My ticket from the event! 
Blog by Julia D'Ambrosio

As part of Fordham Law School’s Robert L. Levine Distinguished Lecture Series, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was invited to the school to participate in a question and answer session with students and faculty. Being on the pre-law track at Rose Hill, I was ecstatic to be able to attend and learn as much as I could from such a distinguished woman.

Justice Ginsburg answered a wide array of questions, ranging from her thoughts about the iPhone to the importance of marriage equality. To me, the highlight of the discussion was Justice Ginsburg’s advice that “anger is a useless emotion.” The Justice explained that it should not be anger that fuels our passions, but our desire to affect positive change in frustrating situations. To me, this advice was very powerful because it is applicable to people from all backgrounds. Despite Justice Ginsburg’s politically liberal decisions, her advice to the students in the audience crossed party lines.


Overall, the night was incredibly informative and I feel honored to have been in the presence of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Her advice and insight will remain in my thoughts for years to come.

Something that I have come to realize from my time here at Fordham is the wide array wonderful opportunities that are presented to students. Being able to attend such a lecture was an amazing experience that very few people have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment