Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Senior Spotlight: Savannah Coe

Swimming and Diving Headshot
Name: Savannah Coe
Hometown: Auburn, WA
Major: Biology and Psychology
Graduation date: May 2015

Why did you choose Fordham? During my senior year of high school, I was recruited by Fordham to join the Fordham Women’s Swim and Dive team. I had never even been out to the East Coast before, so the idea of moving 3000 miles away from home was a little daunting. But when I came to visit Fordham the campus was so beautiful and the school was what I wanted both academically and athletically that I decided this was the right school for me.


What clubs/organizations/internships have you been involved in? What has been your favorite experience? During the last four years I have volunteered at Montefiore Children’s Hospital, St. Barnabas Hospital, and the Bronx AIDS Society. I also helped perform genetics research at the Botanical Gardens. However, my favorite experience has been as a member of Peer Health Exchange (PHE). PHE members are trained to teach workshops about various health topics to ninth graders in the local public high schools. I joined the club my sophomore year and have worked my way up to become one of the leaders this year. It is really rewarding to teach a class when the students are engaged and you can tell that they are really soaking in all of the information. Plus, it is a great way to travel around the Bronx and see different areas.

Spring weekend: music, friends, and food!
What do you think is the best resource available to students on campus? I think career services is one of the best resources available to students on campus.

What is your favorite personal memory at Fordham? One of the best weekends at Fordham every year is spring weekend. My sophomore year was especially good because we had great weather and on Saturday Andy Grammer and Grouplove had great performances. Who doesn’t love a weekend full of concerts and free food?!

Where is your favorite place to hang out at Fordham or in NYC? It may be a cliché, but I love hanging out in Central Park when I have some free time to relax. Generally that only really happens in the summer, but it is a great place to workout, relax, or escape the noise of the city.

What are your plans/goals/aspirations for post-graduation? My plans are to attend medical school, but right now I am still waiting for acceptances so I’m keeping my fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment